Friday, July 17, 2015

Reality is Lurking ...



Lunch at 
Rotolo's Pizzeria


Teensy Spatulas
The day was hot and sunny when we headed into town,  but I scoped out the forecast and saw rain was predicted, so we headed into town to hunt for lunch and do something "touristy".  After lunch, the pizzeria also sold gelato ... which is good ... however, what the crap is it with the teensy flat spatulas they expect you to scoop (shove it out of the side) with?!  Either we're supposed to pretend we are giants, or the teensy spatulas are meant to make you feel like the expensive gelato lasts longer.  It was good, but the memory of everyone trying to get it on the spatula while it melted and oozed out of the sides was what made it worth it. You can see Caleb's opinion of the messy challenge in the picture!

  

After lunch, Wes decided go-carts would be fun.  After scoping out The Track online, he thought it looked like fun.  The go-carts went up and around a couple of stories high on tracks then came swooping down only to climb back up and do it all over again.  Katlyn rode with Wes (not tall enough to drive, thank goodness), and she was scared (shhhh, don't tell her I told) of the downhill turns.  Caleb had a blast and went back a second time!



                          The Track
Caleb Passing By


I'll admit, I'm a terrible introvert.  (I really am, don't argue, that's an entirely separate subject for another day)  I am FAR more comfortable watching from the sidelines than I am joining in.  I had intended to do just that.  I possess a tendency to back off from things that are unfamiliar or make me uncomfortable and am usually happier observing from the periphery.  Someone I admire very much recently told me they used to make themselves do things they weren't comfortable with.  I actually stopped and thought about that today ... and I put it into practice.  You know what?  It was fun.  Once was enough, but I didn't let being uncomfortable with the unfamiliar stop me from joining in with Wes and the kids, and I am glad I didn't.

When we finished with the go-carts, you could see the storm clouds ominously rolling in, so we headed back to the mall for a couple of last minute shopping errands thinking it would be a quick shower ... yeah, no.  Hopefully, the video loaded so you can see what this "shower" turned out to be.  Needless to say, we're glad we weren't on the beach this time.  I didn't want to buy ANOTHER canopy.  *cha-ching*






My youngest child is certain life is unfair because we weren't able to swim one more time.  We had every intention to hang out on the beach this evening, but the weather had far different plans.  It's a hard knock life, y'all.

However, we were able to go out tonight and walk the beach one last time and light up sparklers we bought July 4th just for this purpose!






I'm telling myself I'll sneak out early tomorrow morning.  I've been up early every day, but actually getting dressed and making it out before sunrise could be iffy.  Either way, we'll be home tomorrow night.  I hate leaving our little bubble, but I'm also ready to be home in my own space, with my two kitties, and finding a routine again. <--- oh no ... real life is waiting!









No comments:

Post a Comment